OT: How does this thing work?

The guy claims this is 'perpetual motion', or is it a hoax? I think the liquid is magnetic and there are magnets at the corners.....maybe.... phil k.

Phil Kangas

Are you sure that you got the link right?

Ignoramus9508

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

Oh oh, that was wrong! Try this one instead:

Phil Kangas

Dave

Heh heh, an origami thing eih? Had me going ........:>(( phil

Reply to
Phil Kangas

I vote for hoax, but very nicely done

Reply to
Ignoramus9508

That link is to The Initiative. Two demerits, Phil.

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ignoramus9508 fired this volley in news:4I6dnQu-AbPgscLQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I vote for Escher. He's not a hoax.

Duh... this one was so obvious to be silly.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Eureka! The oil shortage ended.

Reply to
john B.

Ignoramus9508 Inscribed thus:

Optical illusion !

Reply to
Baron

Ooohhh maaan, I hope the statistics guy doesn't start tracking demerits now! .... ;>)) phil, the geezer with a cane and a buick...

Reply to
Phil Kangas

(Wes, nix the stats on demerits. Anyone with a buick would tally up too many too fast.)

Well, a sword cane or cane defense classes would negate 'em. Gunner recommends these guys:

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The fellow has done other CGI animation. There is no way that I know of that physics allows what he showed...

Reply to
CaveLamb

Thanks Larry... anyone wanna buy a buick? Dirt cheap, now...;>)) phil k.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

I'll bet it comes with gently used Firestone tires, too!

-- The more passions and desires one has, the more ways one has of being happy. -- Charlotte-Catherine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yup, winterforce on all four! But I do have a heavy foot..;>)) phil

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Analysis and explanation:

And the diagram:

CaveLamb

A perpetual motion machine is lossless, like the theoretical stimulation by Keynesian economics.

Reply to
clarkmagnuson