OT Microwave Schematics

I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay to have this one fixed.

Reply to
nobody

Try:

HTH

Bob rgentry at oz dot net

Reply to
Bob Gentry

Thank you for the link. GE provides no repair information. They want me to pay them to fix it.

Reply to
nobody

Assuming a service guide exists for made in china stuff like that is asking alot.

What's it doing wrong?

microwaves here at work seem to all last no longer than 1 year. They usually die by catching on fire from food arcing over, so that is technically user abuse, so it's hard to blame the kids that put them together.

the sheet metal they use these days is unbelievable thin, crappy and sharp though.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Want to try and do your own repair? You any good with electric things?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My favorite was a supervisor back in the '70's that stuck some alkaline material used to make glass in a microwave in a pyrex dish to dry. Microwaves were relatively new then, and he stuck it in for something like 10 minutes. We were leaning against a lab bench as he talked to us when we noticed a glow from that bench. The stuff had actually melted and was working its way through the pyrex. Cooked the microwave. I guess all those OH- bonds were as good at absorbing the radiation as water.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Well ... I don't know about the manual, but in a GE microwave which I took apart because of a failed klystron (I was recovering the transformer to repair another GE microwave), I found a schematic folded up small in an envelope stuck to one of the internal surfaces. If the schematic is all you need, that should do for you.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Not sure what your microwave is doing, but I had a relatively new microwave just go dead. Found a thermal fuse inside had blown, killed power to everything. Inside the microwave was transformers and switches, door interlock, etc. plus thermal fuses here and there. Not too hard to trace without a schematic but I don't think the method would have worked if it was a main board problem or something like that.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

It is 2 years old and stone dead. At first I thought it was a blown breaker. After I eliminated that possibility I opened it up and checked the 20 amp fuse. i need a schematic to continue. My wife needs a working microwave so I will probably spend the money and pick up a new one. I have other problems that are a lot other things that are more important in my life.

Reply to
nobody

So -- you have it open. Look on the various sheet metal inside for a small envelope (dark paper, IIRC) stuck in place. This contains the schematic folded up small. (Or at least did on mine. :-) IIRC, it was on the top surface of the deck to which the klystron was mounted, which formed the roof of the microwave chamber.

The paper is thin, and rather brittle so be careful as you unfold it -- and ideally photocopy it with a magnification option as soon as possible to give you something large enough to work from -- then fold it back and put it back in the envelope.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Mine had the same symptoms, there was a few thermal fuses inside the cabinet, one was blown. I measured ohms starting with the cord, followed through the wires on the inside and was lead to the thermal fuse. The thermal fuse that was bad on mine was toward the top of the enclosure. I was about the buy a new microwave but found the problem right before heading to the store.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

A bit like this:

There are better videos but this was the 1st one that popped up.

Reply to
Spuckle

Yep, there was just a lot more of it.

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it

Microwave ovens are not complex. You really do not need a repair manual to check out everything except the control board. And the control board hard ly ever fails. A friend used to repair them and said the common problems a re blown fuses. I think he included thermal fuses along with regular fuses.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster