OT -- not metal working -- Beware the Delphi technique

TinyURL was created!
The following URL:
http://danetteclark.wordpress.com/2013/0 4/25/beware-of-the-delphi-technique-the-
underhanded-manipulation-strategy-used-o n-parents-who-stand-against-common-core- cscope/
has a length of 167 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/c3zf9qs
[Open in new window]
Or, give your recipients confidence with a preview TinyURL:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c3zf9qs [Open in new window]
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:45:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Of course, the method suggested to disrupt the Delphi technique is also exactly the method that a small group committed to hijacking an honest process would use.
If they think they're disrupting a so-called Delphi process, all the better.
As a point of interest, in systems and software engineering there's a "Delphi" process that's the second-best method I've found to get an accurate and honest estimate of the engineering time involved in getting a system into production (the best being to look how long it took last time).
Where I was working at the time upper management didn't like the results -- they wouldn't start a project until they were roundly lied to about how long a project would take.
--
Tim Wescott