OT -- not metal working -- Beware the Delphi technique

TinyURL was created!

The following URL:

4/25/beware-of-the-delphi-technique-the- underhanded-manipulation-strategy-used-o n-parents-who-stand-against-common-core- cscope/

has a length of 167 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:

[Open in new window]

Or, give your recipients confidence with a preview TinyURL:

[Open in new window]

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Of course, the method suggested to disrupt the Delphi technique is also exactly the method that a small group committed to hijacking an honest process would use.

If they think they're disrupting a so-called Delphi process, all the better.

As a point of interest, in systems and software engineering there's a "Delphi" process that's the second-best method I've found to get an accurate and honest estimate of the engineering time involved in getting a system into production (the best being to look how long it took last time).

Where I was working at the time upper management didn't like the results

-- they wouldn't start a project until they were roundly lied to about how long a project would take.

Reply to
Tim Wescott