OT- Painting inside a microwave

Got a bigger microwave for cheap (like free). HUGE inside, but paint is
chipped, blistered inside. Anyone done, or know of the correct paint to
paint the inside?
Reply to
Steve Walker
Use a water based paint, and the microwave can dry bake the paint:)
Steve Walker wrote:
Reply to
Clark Magnuson
I would either use an engine enamal, made for painting car engines, or look for a specialty appliance paint.
I don't think a normal houshold latex or oil paint would stand up to the heat and humidity of a microwave.
I could be wrong though.
Reply to
marks542004
Many paints contain titanium dioxide and that will arc and spark and be an absolute disaster.
Reply to
knowone
Awe come on that sounds like fun.
Reply to
wayne mak
Speaking of fun with the uWave:
I did it with a mason jar, cork, and a toothpick. Real easy to do, and it's neat-o. Put a little water in the oven to keep the waveguide from cooking itself, of course.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Danniken
I'm curious as to why that would be. It's usually electrical conductors that cause that behavior.
>> Got a bigger microwave for cheap (like free). HUGE inside, but paint is >> chipped, blistered inside. Anyone done, or know of the correct paint to >> paint the inside? >> -- >> Steve Walker >> snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.net (remove wallet to reply)
Reply to
J. Clarke