OT Spring is here!

It's currently raining in sheets, and the temp. is being reported as
Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

How many uSv/hr is that?

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Closest thing on the Rad net is SF, at 26.

-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If it is from this site:

Those units are in counts/minute from amateur users' uncalibrated meters. 26 microsieverts/hr would be cause for some concern.

Reply to
anorton

And yet again, Chris demonstrates that he doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate.

Reply to
rangerssuck

I've still got a couple inches of Spring on my deck...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Nah, that's denialist propaganda. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah - climate is the long-term _average_ of the weather; they're not the same; for example, the _average_ value of the AC voltage coming into your house is zero.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The thing that gets me is that the warmingists believe that taxing everybody into slavery and pouring millions of dollars into Al Gore's bank account will have any perceptible effect on climate.

Warmingism is just some sick morphodite of human arrogance and angst. "The sky is falling, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Right, the difference is that unusually hot temperatures are climate, and unusually cold temperatures are just weather. :-b

Reply to
Doug Miller