painted/galvanized steel contact areas

The boat trailer guide base that I made today is made of mild steel that I painted with rustoleum (thanks to advice received here).

A concern expressed here was that when it contacts galvanized pipe or trailer frame, it may start to corrode quickly due to interaction of steel and zinc. To this, I want to say that if necessary, I could put some gaskets or other insulating material between steel and galvanized steel. I especially do not want to ruin the frame of the trailer as it cost me $2,800 and is in a beautiful shape 4 years after I bought it.

Any thoughts on protecting galvanized/steel contact areas will be appreciated.

Ignoramus26696

This is horse pucky of the most irritating variety. Zinc corrodes preferentially to steel, that's why they melt the zinc and dip steel in it. That's called galvanizing. Duh.

Put steel next to aluminum or brass? Problem. Next to zinc? No problem.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin