Or alkaline battery - rinse out the sodium or potassium hydroxide(alkalie)?

What is another easy to get sourse for manganese dioxide????

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Robert Swinney

Google gives

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Clare:

Try

clare wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

There have to be better sources, cost-wise, than chemical supply houses. I've just heard ceramic supply houses carry it at less than HALF the price.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Well, you don't need food-grade USP 99.9999% pure...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Found both manganese dioxide and zinc oxide for less than $8 canadian per kilogram at a local pottery supply. Will pick up tomorrow - less than 10 miles from home.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Ah, excellent. I'll have to check that out. I've got the sandblast cabinet and the information, and now sounds like I've got a lead on the chemicals. Thanks for the followup!

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Apparently Titanium Dioxide, used as a white pigment, is the active ingredient in the pre-wash. After cleaning and degreasing you dip in the Ti solution, and then, without drying, into the Park solution.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca