Parkerising anyone?

Anyone tried Parkerizing steel parts? I've a few mechanical bits I've re-made on my 60 ton press, and rather than leave tthem plain 'as
turned' steel I'd like to :Parkerise them.
I know that basically it's phosphoric acid with either manganese dioxide or zinc dioxide (?), heated and 'primed' by immersing clean steel wool, then immerse the object and keep just below boiling for 5 mins or so, then rinse and oil.
I have a gallon of phosphoric acid, dry cells have manganese dioxide as the depolariser so in theory I should be set to go, but has anyone on the panel done it and got any tips?
AWEM
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:19:09 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

I've had all of the ingredients for some years, but still haven't got round to trying it out:-(
Remember that Leclanch cells have the MnO2 on the inside and alkaline cells have it on the outside :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

^^^^^^
Are you *sure* this is **model** engineering?
BugBear (amazed)
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:57:24 +0100, bugbear

Coming from Andrew, the 60 tons is almost certainly the *weight* of the press...
Regards, Tony

bits I've

Well OK Tony I like big toys! Actually, having replaced the hydraulic pump (as the original was fire damaged), the theoretical force is now up to 79 tons as the pressure is now genuinely up to 9,500 psi !!!!
Now back to Parkerizing.......... !
AWEM
On Jun 28, 1:21pm, "Andrew Mawson"

79 tons ? I would have thought if you were upgrading you would have managed a decent force...................
John S.
wrote:>

hydraulic
now
79 tons ? I would have thought if you were upgrading you would have managed a decent force...................
John S.
Well I don't propose to put my finger under it even at that wimpy force <G> Mind you boredom would stop you if nothing else, as the ram descent speed is snail like due to the low volumedelivered.
AWEM
bugbear wrote:

It all a question of scale BB!
Bob

Some folks prefer to work at 304.8mm = 1ft http://tinyurl.com/d9eryr
On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 11:21:13 -0700 (PDT), 82045

That's probably working on too small a scale for Andrew... ;-)
Regards, Tony