victoria mill help please

i just picked up a victoria horizontal mill CHEAP, but i dont know a thing about it. Can anyone tell me where i can find info on it? The
only plate i found so far had B.E.C 108949-185 on it.

The universal answer! http://www.lathes.co.uk/victoria/index.html
Henry

Many years ago I had a Victoria V1 vertical mill, not sure if the manual is still around, doubt it, but will look. I think if you look on EBay, Item number: 200623659278 you see one. This guy is also worth asking for a manual, as he sell loads of them.
Twas a very good machine, could rip out steel like it was butter. I know I still have the on/off lever, plate and switch. I had it remade by the original manufacturers, and when the machine went to the scrap yard, I removed it. I'm not sure if you machine has the same start handle though, my one was of in the middle position, up was on I think, right down was reverse I think, cant remember exactly, just that it was a 3 position job. Bob

Is this a largish horizontal model driven by an internal flat belt from the motor in the base? Table size about 28"? If so it's an M1. I used to have one and did have the manual somewhere (it wasn't very long or useful). If I find it (probably at the weekend) I'll be in touch. This model was developed into the H0 and U0 models http://www.lathes.co.uk/victoria/page2.html
Charles