Bridgeport mill website for a friend

Hi,

I am just a HSM and after meeting Don I took a liking to him and he to me. I made this web site for Don, he is the guy I bought my Bridgeport mill from.

When you get to the pics page, the customers mill is the one I bought from him.

He's has about 9 more mills ready to sell, but does'nt want to ship them, just sell locally?, (still have not figured this out), but I might be able to talk him into shipping one or two, really do not know, but I can ask. Link below.

Anyway, let me know what you think of the website and now I am going out to my shop to make more chips.

-Paul

's_Entry_Page.html

Reply to
Paul

I think his website isn't up yet and you should specify where he is located.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Seems to be up now...

My shop is located at: 2456 Railroad Ave. Livermore, California 94550

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Take the apostrophes out of the URLs. I think this is probably what is stopping people viewing the pages. Otherwise it looks like a nice site and service!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Comment about the website: Rename the main page (you call Don's_Entry_Page.html) to index.html

Comment about Don and his machines, I bought MY BP from Don :-) The machine is in excelent shape, just as good as those pictures look. Although I didn't opt for one of his more expensive machines, (no DRO I had one, no Ball Screws) mine came with new class 3 spindle bearings, new screws and nuts, servo powerfeed on X, and a reground table (as Don says "to get rid of all those fricken pecker tracks") and a oneshot lube system. I'm quite happy with it and would certianly recommend him to anyone willing to drive to the bay area to pick one up.

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

According to Paul :

[ ... ]
[ ... ]

O.K. In order of them becoming apparent to me:

1) The apostrophe ("'") in "Don's_Entry_Page.html" is a pain on some systems, such as my unix systems, when invoking the web browser separately from the newsreader. Can you please drop it?

Once in the browser, it is no real problem, but from the unix command line, it is a nuisance, as the system want's another one to finish quoting whatever it thinks is being quoted. :-)

I had to fight the system to get it accepted on the command line just so I could start the browser on that page.

2) It would be nice to have at least city, state, and country indicated on the front page, especially since he does not wish to ship anything. 3) On the "pictures" page, since there is no real text interleaving the pictures, it would be nice to be able to click on arrows once you have selected one larger image, to step through all photos, instead of having to return to the "pictures" page, remember which one you last clicked on, and click on the next.

Actually -- a bit of text accompanying each image on its own page would probably help as well.

4) Some of the photos are a bit dark, and could probably be improved by tweaking the gamma a bit in your favorite image manipulation program. 5) The addition of a link on each page taking you back to the main page, or just the next level up, would be helpful -- especially for those who got to a single photo by following a link posted by someone. (Yes, I know that my own page is guilty of the same thing in places, but there are a lot more pages to fix than you have at present. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
[ ... ]

It is up, but I suspect that you got hit by the same problem that I did when I first tried to go there -- the "'" in "Don's".

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

CLIP

Rename it to.... (drum roll please....)

index.html

That will erase almost every problem you are having with the entry page.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill