Parting out clausing 4903

Ive got a clausing lathe that is missing the compound. I was willing to see about making or buying one. But the banjo and gears are also gone. The quickchange tumbler lever is also gone.

It seems that the machine had been partially disassembled to be repainted and the parts listed above never made it back to the lathe. Which I then later bought as a hanger queen.

Its a shame because the rest of the lathe is in pretty nice shape.

Contact me if you are needing some parts. tailstock , threading dial ,headstock , apron, leadscrew, whats left of the quickchange, countershaft assembly, and covers.

So if you need some nice parts, let me know.

Panhandle of Texas if someone needs a nice lathe bed. ( I will ship it freight but the cost would probalby be high.)

Reply to
Bill

That compound became a milling attachment see

Unit went home after our last class when we mothballed the machining program (Summer 05) with a 4 term student that wants to become a professional gunsmith. He bought a lathe and needed some light milling capability. We built the adapter as a class project. Last I heard he was making a muzzle brake for his 220 Swift.

Uncle George

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Jeez, I hope he wears earmuffs. A muzzle-braked Swift ought to be a good source of ear trauma, with a real high-pitched bite.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress