Pedal to the metal : a foot pedal for yer tig

This thing looks pretty robust and I reckon simple swap of the POT is all that migh be required to add a foot pedal to one's TIG. I ordered one for my HF TIG.

BTW, I tried one of those "speed controls" and don't waste your money on one. 3/4 of motors don't work with it and those that do, loose all of the torque.

Reply to
rashid111

That foot control looks a lot like the type used with very small (sewing machine, maybe 1/15th HP ) universal, brushes/commutator-type AC motors. The types I've seen have no potentiometer (pot), but instead use resistance wire wrapped around an insulator and a sliding contact.

WB metalwork>

Wild Bill

Looks like a sewing machine - resistive control. Works on lights and motors of fractional HP.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

rashid111 wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn