Phase converter

Some time ago I found a great web page on building a phase converter.
I have lost the tag for the page now that I am ready to build one.
Does anyone have a good/great location for this information.
Thanks
Bill Kimbrough
Reply to
WAKRocket
I found a couple with a google search
Some time ago I found a great web page on building a phase converter.
Reply to
Machineman
On 04 Jun 2004 13:32:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (WAKRocket) stated, with eyes & arms akimbo:
your pick, but Jim Hanrahan's is probably the one to which you refer. It's the first in the list on Google.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---
Comprehensive Website Development
Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is generally good, except potential relays are designed to go across L1-L2 (not from L1 to neutral) and to the manufactured phase.
Neutral generally isn't required nor used in an RPC.
The Steveco 90-66 potential relay can start a 5 HP idler, whereas the GE potential relay is limited to 3 HP.
Both can be extended to nearly any HP by using an auxiliary contactor.
Reply to
Peter H.