Phase converter puzzle!

Agreed! Try the cap testing idea given by another RCM poster.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Yes, I will try that. I also ordered two new run rated caps from ebay.

Ignoramus4384

Think 9 volt "transistor battery". Thats enough DC for the solid state switch I use. I told you about this several months ago. I know the concept isnt too complex for you to have grasped. I think I have failed to be sufficiently clear with my communications. All thats needed ot build the RPC is a switch to connect the 220 single phase to the idler, and a start button to momrntarily insert a capacitor from the input single phase line to the unfed leg of the motor. A rotary phase converter with a1 HP idler will normally spin up an

*unloaded* 10 HP tool motor. That 10 HP tool motor will perform equally as well with that 1 HP idler as with true 3 phase whenever the tool is loaded to 5 HP or less.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes