PICTURES of the Milwaukee Bench Grinder

Shows some pictures of repair of the grinder and the assembled grinder.
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Milwaukee-Bench-grinder/
As for my vibration issue, I think that I have a good grip on it.
1) Vibration of the mounted abrasive wheel was fixed by dressing it 2) Vibration of the wire brush was UNFIXABLE and was fixed by removing the wire brush.
Now it runs quietly and does not vibrate too much. It does not go on spinning for minutes after being turned off, due to friction in bearing seals and the starting circuit, but that could be actually better than going on for minutes.
I am not putting it on ebay yet, because I am still considering swapping my old 1/2 HP Baldor for this 3/4 HP grinder. The end result of that would be having more grinder and some extra cash.
If I do that I have a 60 grit wheel on it now, and no second wheel (due to removal of the wirebrush, which I do not need on a grinder).
Would you think that a green wheel would be a better alternative than a regular wheel?
βœ–
On Oct 20, 11:27 am, Ignoramus21294 <ignoramus21...@NOSPAM. 21294.invalid> wrote:

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

I'd have thought Iggy knew better than to let his shop floor go vertical like that!
Or is his basement in a space station?
Add pictures here
βœ–

It was a minor alien abduction
Add pictures here
βœ–

Man, be careful!
You can get in a lot of trouble over those minor aliens! It's so hard to tell if they're over 1500 or not, what with FTL distortions.:)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:27:16 -0500, Ignoramus21294

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent shop.
One with a wire wheel and a Scotchbrite soft wheel
One with a green and a white wheel for grinding cutters
I have 2 grinders...and 3 verticle belt sanders, all hooked up. (2) 1"x42 and (1) 6"x42
Humm..actually..I have 4 grinders come to think of it..
Makes life a hell of a lot easier
Gunner
βœ–

I have
1) A wire wheel on a 1 HP, TEAO motor 2) A buffer (really a 3/4 HP Baldor grinder) with a buffing wheel and abrasive 3M wheel 3) A 1/2 HP Baldor abrasive wheel grinder 4) A 1/4 HP diamond wheel grinder
So what I am thinking, is to sell item 4, and replace it with the 3/4 HP Milwaukee.

So, are you using those sanders, do you find them useful.
I have a 1/2 HP 3 or 4" wide one, that I was planning on selling, but perhaps I can be persuaded otherwise.
βœ–

Sorry, I mean sell item 3. I reorganized the list and forgot to update the number.

βœ–
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:31:42 -0500, Ignoramus21294

I use them far more than I use the grinders. From everything to shaping lathe bits, to sharpening drills, to simply hogging off metal from weldments, to taking off wood to flattening Stuff.

Its what you are used to..and what you are doing.
btw...
http://barbkat.com /
Is where you should by buying your belts from.
Gunner
βœ–
Gunner Asch wrote:

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

βœ–
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:59:12 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

1.
And that a tiny little Chicom jobby labled as 1/2 hp but there is an 1/8 hp winding in it.
<G>
Gunner
βœ–
Gunner Asch wrote:

I meant the OTHER kind of indecent shop. You know, the kind TMT and Hawkie long to go to, but are afraid the cops will record their license plate numbers. :)

βœ–
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:46:34 -0700, Gunner Asch

That's what I bought for $1 and gave to Junior - he says he has a grinder that he can stall, but he has a grinder. Maybe, when he has more space, he will have bigger and better! Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Add pictures here
βœ–
Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you just need to tap to start.
    That way, you can bump and grind.
tschus pyotr
βœ–
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Kind of like the footswitch on my drill press? :)

βœ–
Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Depends on what you are drilling ... B-) - pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Add pictures here
βœ–
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well this is a metalworking group, so you decide.

βœ–
Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    "Man of Steel ..." Never mind.
    I'm just glad this isn't going to degenerate into observations on how it appears the Senator has changed his position on off shore drilling." Because that would be tasteless. - pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Add pictures here
βœ–
pyotr filipivich wrote:

It just did.

βœ–
pyotr filipivich wrote:
(...)

At least it wouldn't be boring.
Well, it *would* be boring. But not boring.
No, wait...
--Winston
Add pictures here
βœ–