PICTURES of the Milwaukee Bench Grinder

Shows some pictures of repair of the grinder and the assembled grinder.

As for my vibration issue, I think that I have a good grip on it.

1) Vibration of the mounted abrasive wheel was fixed by dressing it 2) Vibration of the wire brush was UNFIXABLE and was fixed by removing the wire brush.

Now it runs quietly and does not vibrate too much. It does not go on spinning for minutes after being turned off, due to friction in bearing seals and the starting circuit, but that could be actually better than going on for minutes.

I am not putting it on ebay yet, because I am still considering swapping my old 1/2 HP Baldor for this 3/4 HP grinder. The end result of that would be having more grinder and some extra cash.

If I do that I have a 60 grit wheel on it now, and no second wheel (due to removal of the wirebrush, which I do not need on a grinder).

Would you think that a green wheel would be a better alternative than a regular wheel?

Ignoramus21294

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent shop.

One with a wire wheel and a Scotchbrite soft wheel

One with a green and a white wheel for grinding cutters

I have 2 grinders...and 3 verticle belt sanders, all hooked up. (2) 1"x42 and (1) 6"x42

Humm..actually..I have 4 grinders come to think of it..

Makes life a hell of a lot easier

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I have

1) A wire wheel on a 1 HP, TEAO motor 2) A buffer (really a 3/4 HP Baldor grinder) with a buffing wheel and abrasive 3M wheel 3) A 1/2 HP Baldor abrasive wheel grinder 4) A 1/4 HP diamond wheel grinder

So what I am thinking, is to sell item 4, and replace it with the 3/4 HP Milwaukee.

So, are you using those sanders, do you find them useful.

I have a 1/2 HP 3 or 4" wide one, that I was planning on selling, but perhaps I can be persuaded otherwise.

Ignoramus21294

I'd have thought Iggy knew better than to let his shop floor go vertical like that!

Or is his basement in a space station?

Reply to
John Husvar

Sorry, I mean sell item 3. I reorganized the list and forgot to update the number.

Ignoramus21294

It was a minor alien abduction

Reply to
Ignoramus21294

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I use them far more than I use the grinders. From everything to shaping lathe bits, to sharpening drills, to simply hogging off metal from weldments, to taking off wood to flattening Stuff.

Its what you are used to..and what you are doing.

btw...

Is where you should by buying your belts from.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

  1. And that a tiny little Chicom jobby labled as 1/2 hp but there is an 1/8 hp winding in it.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I meant the OTHER kind of indecent shop. You know, the kind TMT and Hawkie long to go to, but are afraid the cops will record their license plate numbers. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's what I bought for $1 and gave to Junior - he says he has a grinder that he can stall, but he has a grinder. Maybe, when he has more space, he will have bigger and better! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Man, be careful!

You can get in a lot of trouble over those minor aliens! It's so hard to tell if they're over 1500 or not, what with FTL distortions.:)

Reply to
John Husvar

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell" on or about Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:59:12

-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you just need to tap to start.

That way, you can bump and grind.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

Kind of like the footswitch on my drill press? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell" on or about Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:14:11

-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Depends on what you are drilling ... B-)

pyotr filipivich

Well this is a metalworking group, so you decide.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell" on or about Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:35:52

-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Man of Steel ..." Never mind.

I'm just glad this isn't going to degenerate into observations on how it appears the Senator has changed his position on off shore drilling." Because that would be tasteless.

pyotr filipivich

It just did.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(...)

At least it wouldn't be boring.

Well, it *would* be boring. But not boring.

No, wait...

--Winston

Reply to
Winston