Plasma table water bed

I went and got my new toy today, a 10'x10' plasma table. The company was doing a severe downsize and moving to a smaller facility.

Friday was a good day to show up. Tom, the guy that ran my machine just HAD to show me how well it runs. And then all the maintenance points. While he was at it, he thought I should have all the spare parts too. And, there was a huge 2000 lb. welding table, would you like that? While you're at it the pallet of SO cords is just going to the scrap guy, have you got room? Let me know when you're ready, I'll load you up with the fork lift. Here's my tool box just take what ever you need and put it back when you're done. Who says Minnesota Nice is dead?

BTW, "The Kid", took a day off work to help. He came two hours before me and damn near had it apart when I arrived. he left the electrical for me.

Anyway, the unit had two 5'x10' burn beds under it. I can make one good one out of the two. These were designed with an exhaust fan under. it doesn't look terribly hard but has anybody designed a nice burn bed with water tank? What's the best material for the grid, just cold rolled steel? What dimension? My plan would be to cut up to 1/2 inch stock on one half and set it up to lay in place with a fork lift. The whole table will only be used for thin stock.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

That is a monster table!

You could load 4x10 sheets anyways!

That sounds like a nice toy. I have a 4x4 and the company sells a 5x10. Going to have good lifting equipment for large stuff.

Mart> I went and got my new toy today, a 10'x10' plasma table. The company was

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Plasma tables I am familiar with use a thin, probably cold rolled sheet that is cut with triangles on the top. So the contact surface only touches in very small contact areas, and most of the grid is down low enough not to be burned.

Reply to
CalifBill

Hey Bill, When the heck are we going to trade river trips?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

This retirement is too too busy. In Santa Monica for Grandbaby's 1st Bday. then fly to VA for God daughters first communion and then back to camp 5 days. Tow to Pt. Hardy, BC, Canada August. Hard to work in a trip to AZ. but come out anytime I am home and we will go. We are supposed to be planning a trip to Canyon de Chelly.

Reply to
CalifBill