Productivity Problem

My Grandmother and Grandfather on my Moms side were first generation Italian immigrants Ed. I don't know about clams or blowfish but where I saw their farm as a place that raised corn they saw in as natures Deli

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Blowfish are the tastiest fish I have ever eaten. Just make sure you don't cut into the abdominal cavity. I was shown how to cut juxt the backs off of them. I battered some up and deep fried them once. Pan frying them works too. Another real good tasting fish is eel or is eel not a fish. Slimy suckers but get beyond the slime and screwing your fishing line up, they taste almost as good as blowfish.

John

Reply to
john

If they showed you the *really* slick way to do it, you make just one cut and the entire piece of meat pops out in one hand, while the rest of the fish, guts and all, stays in the other. We used to have cleaning contests for those things and I could do 25 in less than three minutes. They're the shmoos of the sea. When there are a lot of them around and they show up in the fish markets, they often call them "ocean drumsticks." And they do look like a chicken drumstick when they're dressed -- if chickens had tails, anyway.

Cut them into sections about 6 inches long and skewer them on a hotdog stick; cook over an open fire. Most of the fat burns off that way, and they're delicious.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You forgot Dandelion wine!

It's too bad that my property is in perpetual shade by neighboring Maple trees. I can't grow a single cherry tomato at home but at the factory we grow enough to be sick of them by the end of the season.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch wrote on Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:23:45 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

It's what you find under the trailer. That dark spot.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ?Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Hummm...out where you live a dog is called shade?

Reply to
Gunner

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner wrote on Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:16:52

-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

The dark furred one is called "Midnight", the grey colored one is called "Shade", the puppy is called "Shade of Midnight", and the light colored one is called "Cat Who Walks Through Walls." Is long story.

pyotr

(I knew this would happen! Should have said "It's what you find under the trailer. That dark spot, where the dog is resting.")