Productivity Problem

The The link between productivity gains and wages has been broken. Recently, the Economic Policy Institute showed that productivity has
grown almost three times faster than wages since 2001. During that time, 70 percent of the nations income growth has gone straight into corporate coffers as profitspresumably to continue to finance staggering pay and benefits for executivesa complete reversal from the previous seven business cycles when 77 percent of the overall income growth went to wages. Millwright Ron www.unionmillwright.com
Millwright Ron wrote:

Hey, Ron! It looks like a whole wad of your useless union buddies are about to be laid off at GM, and other unionized car companies. Happy days are here again!
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The The link between productivity gains and wages has been broken. Recently, the Economic Policy Institute showed that productivity has grown almost three times faster than wages since 2001. During that time, 70 percent of the nations income growth has gone straight into corporate coffers as profitspresumably to continue to finance staggering pay and benefits for executivesa complete reversal from the previous seven business cycles when 77 percent of the overall income growth went to wages. Millwright Ron www.unionmillwright.com ************************************** The huge increases in costs due to unions' declining productivity per man/hour has forced manufacturers to drastically increase automation. Why should those increases in productivity not benefit the people that risked the investment and benefit the people that caused the problems in the first place? Duhh!

I love it - documented proof that excessive pay for management is good for the bottom line

If management is the investor, they should reap more benefits than the adversarial union.
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:30:48 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom

You guys are sure giving that union troll a lot of air time...again.
<snip>

Ron is a troll and he knows unions are a hot-button with many here so, he wins!
Tom Gardner wrote:

Not really. He sold his soul to the union, so he's lost everything worth owning. :(
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:48:20 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom

The wise man stops to think before typing.

I don't think that Ron is a troll so much as a prosyletizer. And, considering this crowd, he's in the lion's den.
OTOH, he's about the only one here who promotes the other side of the story. And there are two sides to it. You just don't like to hear it.
-- Ed Huntress
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:48:02 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

On the website that he always includes with his signature he also sells a lot of tee shirts and hats with pro union statements printed on them.
Bruce-in-Bangkok (correct Address is bpaige125atgmaildotcom)
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:10:18 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok

Gee, I wonder if they are 100% Made in the USA by Union Labor, and all the slogans were written by Union writers and typeset by Union Printers. Made using Union Made Soy Inks and Union Farmed Organic Cotton that were all farmed and processed and woven locally, in a fully sustainable manner, and all waste generated was laboratory proven biodegradable and certified 100% recycled...
No, they couldn't be - if you could find all the materials to fit that rigid specification you'd have to charge over $100 each for a simple screen printed tee shirt, and nobody in their right mind would pay it.
Unions are a nice concept and 100 years ago they were truly necessary if workers were to ever get ahead. But they've managed to make themselves irrelevant. Go organize a buggy whip factory...
--<< Bruce >>--

Maybe he's a union entrepreneur. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
<snip>

Actually, I always read Ron's posts, I don't agree with his mindset about entitlement and hope that some day he will at least think about a better way than the old "union" mentality that even our union has moved away from.

That will become a lot more likely, IMO, when they aren't facing the old anti-union mentality at every turn. Right now, they're being blamed for everything, from offshoring to inflation, even while their numbers have declined to near insignificance. If you look at the comments about unions on this NG over the years, you'll see that they're consistently the scapegoat of choice.
The irony of some of it makes me do a backflip. Earlier today someone here was blaming the unions for high prices. And my guess is that the poster drives a pickup or an SUV that gets 12 mpg. Maybe he didn't notice the relationship between energy demand, energy costs, and retail prices.
-- Ed Huntress
Maybe it has changed, but when I worked for GM, we had 3 full coverage medical packages. 100% coverage ZERO deduct. The three shared cost. It was nice at the time, we didn't use it, but the thought of having to have money up front or when you walk out puts a scare in most people and keep them from medical unless it is free.
I think 1 or even nice to have 2 and some deduct would have been better for the bottom line of the cost of a car/truck.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Ed Huntress wrote:

It depends on when that was, Martin. At one time, the cost of such insurance was pretty cheap.
-- Ed Huntress

They'll become much more receptive when they're driving around in their pickups after midnight, dumpster-diving. Or wondering why their kids, and grandkids, won't--I mean, can't--leave the house. Or why, after the house is paid off, they have to work for their local municipality for minimum wage to pay their tax bill--at age 73.
'course, then it's just a little too late.
--
DT

> --
Ed Huntress wrote:

This newsgroup is not a labor newsgroup, so he is not only off topic, but annoying. "the other side" might be worth listening to on a labor relations newsgroup, but who in their right mind would try to unionize a one man operation?
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Baloney. We've seen anti-union postures here for years, Michael, since long before Ron came around, and everyone piles on. I've never seen an objection to someone raising an anti-union issue here.
It isn't the fact that he's off-topic that some are finding bothersome. It's that he's off-message for the conservative attitude that permeates this collection of interests. In other words, he's on the other side.

An awful lot of people sure have an opinion about it, though, don't they? d8-)
-- Ed Huntress