PTO shaft tubing source?

Anyone know of a source for telescoping tube used for farm equipment PTO
shafts?
It's a wierd shape, a round tube with 3 lobes, the graphic at the top of the
following link has a cross-section in it's center.
I find is either complete shafts, or manufacturers in India. Searches at
the tubing makers sites that i know of are fruitless.
I am looking specifically for a manufacturer of the tubes, and engineering
specs.
Reply to
Stupendous Man
TSC (Tractor supply co.) has it I have seen it in there stores.
Find a store near you and call them , there search page on there website only shows a fraction of there products .
Reply to
tim
Try any agricultural machinery dealer. Most will have lengths of it. Chances are you'll be looking at something made in Italy, if yuou look closely at your reference, I'll think you'll find it is italian sourced. As for searching try triangle or lemon tubing.
Dan
Reply to
Dan
If you do find it, PLEASE let me know. I completely replaced a PTO shaft because I was unsuccessful.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Google "Bondioli and Pavesi", "Walterscheid", and "Neapco"
Bill
Reply to
Bill Marrs
I found it in a Napa catalog once. However it was a straight from the factory order (several weeks delivery) and so expensive that it was cheaper to either replace the drive shaft or make one with another style of tube.
Reply to
Wayne Cook
Tri-county stroe in Jersey town Pa. has it...
Karl Townsend wrote:
Reply to
kbeitz
Call Cater and Carter and see if they will either sell you some or reveal their supplier (if you are not competing with them).
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca
Did you try Spicer?
at
Reply to
Tony
Got a little ahead of myself. The 3 lobe stuff is originally from Italy, designed by Bondioli and Pavesi. Replacement tube is also available from Neapco. Walterscheid makes a 2 lobe, looks like a lemon, and also a 6 lobe line of tube and shafts. They do not appear to have a 3 lobe line. Locally here in the Pacific Northwest I get all of the above from Driveline Service.
Bill
Reply to
Bill Marrs