hardware vendor

> > I've seen in a few different places hardware racks and bins where a > > vendor keeps the supply stocked. My partner and I spend too much time > > digging through assorted piles of crap looking for common hardware, and > > it's really annoying me. The cost of the part is piddling compared to > > the > > cost of our time. > > What are some of the folks that do this, what is it called, and can > > anyone offer me some pros and cons of having this done? Are there any > > folks in the Seattle area that do this (I know there is, just don't know > > who) and are there any recommendations for one or the other? > > > Check with your nearest FASTENAL store. They may even supply the bins if > the volume is there. > > There is an outfit called MIDWEST FASTENER that does all the hardware at > the > local farm > supply store. They do the stocking, maintain the inventory levels, etc. > Their stuff is not cheap, > but there is a bunch of variety. > > If it's just nuts and bolts, check with the local fastener companies. Most > of them have outside > sales people on established routes. > > > > > >
Reply to
Carl McIver

most of your local bolt suppliers will do this for you for simple hardware , if your wanting a more complete solution , MSC and Kimball Midwest will perform this function and stock you with everything you need in bins and pull out drawers , they will even do the inventory and reordering for you , it is sort of expensive to get up an drunning but ever so sweet ,. MSC calls it vendor managed inventory or VMI Kimball Midwest specializes in it as well as Lawson

Reply to
c.henry