Vendor question

Anyone done business with Wholesale Tool Company
)? I may have to settle for a bench top mill due to
room requirements . They have a square column machine that comes with some
tooling that I can afford ... barely , since the wife got a newer car
yesterday .
Reply to
Snag
I have. Not bad. Good prices, fast shipping. Some American but mostly Asian import. If you know what your looking for they are great! I've ordered from them a number of times without any problems.
Al
Reply to
Al
Hey Snag,
Yep. Very reputable company, buuuutttt....they have a wide range of quality, or should I say prices. If you look at a Bridgeport in the over $10,000 range, don't expect to buy something the same quality for under a 1000 bucks. Just be sure that you go to their showroom and have a look for yourself.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, (customer of the Warren, Michigan store) Bothwell, Ontario.
ps........the store I go to is noted for their "buy-it-by-the-pound surplus tooling good deals if you happen to see it first".
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply to
Brian Lawson
I appreciate the input ! I'm looking at the square column bench top mill they have for $1295 . I'm expecting if I purchase it that it will need to be completely disassembled , cleaned , lubed , and trammed before I even fire it up . Lathemaster sells the same machine for a bit more ... might come down to the shipping which is more cost effective for me . I'd lots rather have the Van Norman I looked at a few weeks ago , but it's 4,000 lbs , 165 miles away , and I haven't got room for it . If I build a bigger shed , I won't have enough for a mill ... sigh . In this case smaller may be my only choice .
Reply to
Snag
Thanks , Al , this is the kind of feedback I was hoping for .
Reply to
Snag
Most of my purchases have worked out okay. Only exception was a R8 saw arbor that had multiple diameter capability. I turned it into a one diameter arbor.
Their prices on R8 insertable milling cutters are great.
Wes
Reply to
Wes