Keystock Deburr Grinder

A whole bunch of years ago, the shop I was working in purchased a small floor standing grinder that had a 90deg table positioned over the wheel
in such a way that as we sawed square stock to keystock length, we simply slid the keystock over the table which deburred and put a specific sized 45deg chamfer on the key. It was quick n easy, the chamfers were uniform, and even me of little brain could operate it successfully. The table was adjustable at lease from 45 to 30 deg's, because I remember using both those settings. Something like that would sure come in handy at the shop I'm in now, but as I ask around about this product everybody thinks I'm nuts. Well they may be partly right, but I'm sure about the grinder. If anyone knows about a product like this, I would greatly appreciate any info you would be able to share. Thanks, K.
Kay wrote:

Kay, I believe what your looking for is the Bur-Beaver mfg by Simco.
I tried to find a link but couldn't find one.
Best, Steve
--
Regards,
Steve Saling
Garlicdude wrote:

Kay, I looks like Harig bought Simco out and are mfg. the Bur-Beaver. I'll be darned if I can find a distributor. I'd try phoning Harig direct.
Best, Steve
--
Regards,
Steve Saling
Garlicdude wrote:

Wow Steve. You were right on target. Just talked with Harig and they expect to have product ready for sale by Memorial Day. You just made my day! Thanks, K.
I liked the idea of that tool but couldn't afford it at the time, so I made a table that sits on the mill. The top is tilted at 45 degrees with a fence along the back edge at 90 degrees. The corner is cut out to allow room for the bur. I used it with a fine pitch multi-flute end mill. It worked quite well. I would guess the commercial version works even better because I believe it has a much higher spindle speed.
Gary H. Lucas
Gary H. Lucas wrote:

Gary, I believe they use a carbide burr in their machine. MSC sells the replacement cutters, but not the machine.
Best, Steve
--
Regards,
Steve Saling

If it's like anything else at MSC lately, they probably used to stock them, but now they don't (at any location), the price has gone up 30%, and it takes a week or more to get them.
--
Bryce