RCM'ers map?

I read a post this morning from someone who located himself on the MA
northshore. And I got to thinking about how there are other RCM'ers
around here (Carlisle, MA). And wouldn't it be cool to have a map
showing where we are? And Google Maps lets you do this very easily!
So I propose creating such a map. My initial thoughts are:
- New England (CT,RI,MA,VT,NH,ME), but it could be as inclusive as desired
- I'll create & maintain it, with "Public" access (although you'll need
the URL, but "In the future, public maps will be included in the search
results on Google Maps ...")
- the format will be an icon for the town, with text showing the name
and/or email address (both optional) of all RCM'ers there. E.g.:
thought the gear icon was appropriate)
- you can email me your town & the text you'd like shown
( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net), or post as reply
Any comments?
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Alright - it's not just New England, but everywhere:
There's 11 on it, I'd like to see 100. ? Or ...?
I can see where some wouldn't want everyone to know where they live. You can just have the town icon'ed. I.e., without your name.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
We're up to 37 & it's starting to look cool:
list is now sorted by state & town).
C'mon now, don't be shy - you can be as anonymous as you like. Reply here, or email me.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt