RCM'ers map?

I read a post this morning from someone who located himself on the MA northshore. And I got to thinking about how there are other RCM'ers around here (Carlisle, MA). And wouldn't it be cool to have a map showing where we are? And Google Maps lets you do this very easily!

So I propose creating such a map. My initial thoughts are:

- New England (CT,RI,MA,VT,NH,ME), but it could be as inclusive as desired

- I'll create & maintain it, with "Public" access (although you'll need the URL, but "In the future, public maps will be included in the search results on Google Maps ...")

- the format will be an icon for the town, with text showing the name and/or email address (both optional) of all RCM'ers there. E.g.:

thought the gear icon was appropriate)

- you can email me your town & the text you'd like shown ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net), or post as reply

Any comments?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Alright - it's not just New England, but everywhere:

There's 11 on it, I'd like to see 100. ? Or ...?

I can see where some wouldn't want everyone to know where they live. You can just have the town icon'ed. I.e., without your name.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

We're up to 37 & it's starting to look cool:

list is now sorted by state & town).

C'mon now, don't be shy - you can be as anonymous as you like. Reply here, or email me.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt