repoussé molding other stuff?

I have been playing around with repoussé - hammering brass sheet against pitch to raise and lower the surface to make an image/object. I read a couple of books and ground some punches from drill rod and am mildly pleased with the result. It has occured to me that what I have is a very thin mold with postive on one side and negative on the other and I could use this to a. cast aluminum directly - if I had a separator to keep the alumium (at about 1300F) from sticking to the brass. any one suggest a separator? b. cast either positive or negative lost wax bodies or direct cast investment. I mean I could model in clay and make a latex mold of that and cast the wax or investment, and I have done that

but the metal seems a durable option.

It hardly seems to me that I have invented something new, so can people tell me where someone else has done the thin metal mold thing and whether there are some web sites showing work.

Reply to
Mike Firth

Make a plaster mold and cast into that, be sure to bake it first to drive out moisture.

Les

Reply to
PIW