rewiring 440 3 phase to 208 3 phase

Hello,

First time posting here- have enjoyed the forum in the past (enjoyed reading "teenut's" posts too!!) and found it very informative. Hopefully someone can help me with my wiring question.

I have a bench grinder that I believe is currently wired for 440 3 phase. The motor has 6 wires. 3 going to a terminal block, and 3 bundled together. I need to wire this for 208v and there is no wiring diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
cg

There should be a nameplate listing the voltages. It's a UL requirement that they be permanently affixed but they're often painted over and hard to find. Three wires tied together is the higher voltage configuration. Getting the rotation right is hard to advise you on without looking at the thing though. Maybe it's time to 'pay the man the $2.00`. MadDog

Reply to
MadDogR75

Are there little numbers on wires? (numbers 1-9)

Ignoramus965