Ring roller info?

Can anybody recommend a book? I'm after basics on design and use of the various rolls for different stock - round and square tubes, etc. I bought a manual roller, but only have a few rolls. It is able to roll up to 10mm x 50mm flat bar, according to the brochure. I've searched, but can't find much useful info.

Another query: To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before flattening and welding?

Jordan

Reply to
Jordan

Or wind a helix, cut out one complete loop and bend the ends into alignment.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the confirmation!

Reply to
Jordan