Rockwell 10" lathe threading question

I am totally baffled. Thread chard doesn't match up to the actual feed I get. I used it once for doing a 3/4 19 bolt, but now when I try and do the same bolt, I am getting 24 tpi. All the teeth look brand new on all gears. I have tried different threads (like 8) and that doesn't match up either. I am clueless to whats going on.

Reply to
KD

My guess is that one of two thing is happening. Either you are trying to thread using the feed clutch instead of the halfnuts (They have different ratios), or

One or more of the gears in the train from your spindle to your gearbox have gotten changed.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman