10" Rockwell Lathe spindle help

I heard the taper is a modified b&s 9 . Thats fine, but there is a set screw/pin inside the spindle. THe pin stops me from putting in a center. Can that pin/set screw be removed, and if so how. Thanks

Reply to
KD

I don't know a damn thing about the Rockwell lathes. But the name would indicate it's a fairly recent machine, which would probably not have a B&S spindle taper. Much more likely a Morse taper.

The pin or setscrew doesn't make sense either. Sure it's not a collet holder inserted in your spindle, and not the spindle itself?

John Martin

Reply to
JMartin957