Roofing Question

I'm making a metal awning. 32 x 14, then 90 degrees to 18 x 16'3.

This will be next to the house, but will be supported all around by poles, as I don't want to lag such weight into the stucco.

I would ASSUME that I should set the poles, put the rectangular boxes on, then make a long hip to fill the space where the two boxes meet at the corner.

At that time, do I just lay sheeting even along the eave, and trim it at the hip line? Then put a hip cap on it?

The projections are going to be different, but on the hip section, the outer corner point will be the intersecting lines from the two eaves. If I have put the top chords level, and the eave chords level all around, it should just be sheeting two flat planes, right?

I asked in alt.home.repair, but no one there seemed to be able to help.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB