Safe ss weld discoloration remover

The question of how to remove the oxide discoloration resulting from welding stainless comes up from time to time. Praxair has a new solution, said to be safe.

I don't know anything about it but there is a brief mention in our new magazine, _Welding Productivity_.

You're seeing that issue before the rest of the world will see it. It probably will go live tomorrow. It's still undergoing some editing.

Anyway, if you're interested, call Praxair.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's pretty awesome.. Be a nice product vs the old way of doing it..

Reply to
jlpservicesinc

Yeah, keeping hydrofluoric acid around makes me uncomfortable. If this stuff works well, a lot of people in the fabricating business will jump on it.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

There do seem to be a fair number of safe products, compared to hydroflouric/nitric, on the market, at least in the UK. A company I know uses a phosphoric acid based liquid with an electric power supply

.

Reply to
David Billington

Yeah, Ensitech has something similar in their TIG Brush. But Praxair's new product doesn't involve electricity or the power supply and equipment.

Reply to
Ed Huntress