Sharpening rotary razor cutters

Come on, Gunner, we've met, 15? You're really gonna have to work at selling me on that. ;o)

mike

will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."

Reply to
michael

on that. ;o)

Maybe he was only 16 at the time. ;o) Sue

will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."

Reply to
Sue

NO! Shaving would create an identity crisis in the whole neighbourhood. I don't even pay to get it trimmed anymore. The last time I had it done, I had asked the barber to trim it to about one inch, he put the 1/2" comb on the clippers and with about four strokes figured he had earned five bucks. Now, when puppy gets a haircut, my beard goes back to 3/4", junior (29) has taken to using the quarter inch guide on the rusty pot scrubber on his chin (badge of the IT department, I suspect). Oh yeah! I paid two bucks for the clippers and $18.00 to get the two heads sharpened. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I do keep my short and neat however. I never liked the food and misc debris stuck in it type of beard. So I do technically "shave" once a week..with a poodle clipper and one of those stand off thingies which leaves it long.

and as any survivalist will tell you to get a good air seal with a beard and gas mask..simply apply a lot of vaseline to your face and the mask seals really well.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines." Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Reply to
Gunner

on that. ;o)

Only from the (thinning) hairline down to the adams apple. The rest looks like any well used 200 yr old man.

Though to be fair..after having my face burned off many years ago..it did take a bit for the fur to grow back before I could get any kind of beard..now very salt and pepper as you recall.

Gunner

[...]

Cool!

I figure if I'm not acceptable as I am, shaving alone wouldn't improve my stock by much. I love not having to spend time screwing around with it. I wear my hair quite long, so when I fall in for the trim when it's difficult to comb (wavy hair that loves to snarl) the young gal that cuts my hair will always trim the beard to my instructions. Two haircuts (must include Susan) and a beard trim=$20. Even the old dude on SS can afford that!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

me on that. ;o)

Yes, and like me, quite handsome and distinguished in appearence. It was just the '15' thing I noted when unfortunately, for things on my desk, I was taking a drink.

;o)>

will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."

Reply to
michael

Once upon a time (perhaps 35-years ago) I bought a sharpening kit for my Norelco. It consisted of a few pieces of approx 400-grit wet-or-dry emery paper and a plastic cylinder with a round stone mounted on the end.

I don't remember the sharpening procedure, but IIRC the results were marginal. I suspect it had something to do with the rotary blades not having a relief angle after the job was done.

Maybe a Google search could determine if the kits are still available.

Orrin

Reply to
Orrin Iseminger

I get mistaken for Santa in mid to late December -- by little kids. That is kinda fun.

And this year, a Salvation Army "santa" outside the grocery store told me that I was the *real* Santa. I never had it happen in mid-summer, though. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I stopped by the home of a local contractor a couple years ago to pay him for the loads of rock he had delivered earlier that week. His daughter and granddaughter were living with him. The granddaughter, age 5, was totally enamored with me, what with my long hair and beard, almost completely white now. She quietly whispered in her grandmother's ear that I surely must be Santa. Quite a flattering comment considering I'm a real Scrooge where Christmas is concerned.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Up north here the ankle-biters will try anything Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yeah, but not with the little ones I'll bet. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller