Shoptask/Shopmaster 3-1 machines

This subject probably has been beaten to death here, but I cannot find any recent postings regarding Shoptask/Taskmaster 3-1 machines.

Also reviewed the groups FAQ sheet and could not find anything about these machines.

Due to space limitations I am looking at 3-1 machines for a garage workshop. I will be working primarily on motorcycle parts - one off type production.

Any information regarding reliability and functionality will be appreciated.

SuperGlide

Reply to
SuperGlide

I have had mine for 5 years and am quite happy. They have the biggest milling envelope of any of the 3 in 1 machines, roughly 12" X axis, 11" Y axis and 14" Z (vertical). With the new Bridgemill design, it is also very stiff. Mine is the earlier Quadralift and I added my own version of the 5th column to make it a bridgemill, measuring deflection under load as I modified it. It is quite stiff.

Reliabilty is good, with knowledgeble factory support. Imported motors are the weak point, like many other such machines. Replace the starting capacitors with good US ones from Grainger when they go.

There are several Internet groups where you can get more information:

Dennis

Reply to
DT

Shoptask was the first 3 in 1 machine and has evolved into the Shopmaster name. I can say from experience that they are the best of the lot if a combo machine is your choice. They don't advertise much , but always seem to be sold out in advance. They have a new machine for 2006 which has some interesting new features. I am attaching some links-

Reply to
JimInsolo