Can anyone identify this tool

My guess is that it is for making keyways and such on a mill... Any idea?

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Looks like woodruff keyseat cutter.

cheers T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

Ignoramus2963 wrote in news:nBBFf.1 $

That's pretty much what it is except that it a big one. It looks like a stagger tooth mill/slot cutter shrunk fit to a shank. I've used cutters that big before but they were arbor mounted. I can't say that I've ever used one mounted like that. But then again, I've done mostly smaller work.

Reply to
D Murphy

I guess it is for milling heat sinks. Esp. for AC-TIGs.


Reply to
Nick Müller

Reply to

Looks like safety goggles to me...

other than that a shop made or modified stub arbor with a milling cutter on it.


Reply to

The one on the right is a pair of safety glasses.

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.