Sine Bar for setting lathe tapers -Atten Nick Mueller

Nick was pretty excited about this recently.

=== From: Randy Replogle On Aug 5, 10:22 am

A guy I used to work with had a sine bar that had a base which was mounted between centers. The actual sine bar was hinged. I think he held the gage blocks and all together with rubber bands. I suppose he used a dead center under pressure to keep everything from moving.

Randy

**Dammit**! That is the super-precision way I have been looking for since long!

Thanks a lot!

Nick ===

I just recently came across several patents using a sine bar to do this. See:

The first one looked the most promising if someone was going to try making one. I don't know if these were ever produced by anyone. Maybe someone here will know once they look at them.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Thanks a **LOT**! Downloaded them all!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Reply to
ovee-usa

======= New ones are available.

Some sources in the US are

?PMPXNO=2724296&PMT4NO=28371076FWIW msc only sells to companies but Enco [same company] will generall order and ship MSC items.

You will also need a way to very accurately set the bar. Jo blocks are best but expensive. A space block set works well and is much cheaper. see

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

F. George McDuffee wrote: ...

Is this new? I have bought from MSC, they did have a $25 minimum.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

replying to Leon Fisk, Jimbob wrote: What you are talking about is a kingman white 2.5 mini sine . I love mine sadly they ain't made anymore but can be found on eBay don't be shocked when u see the price . The were over 4 bills new . If you get one without literature be sure to add .100 to your stack up . As the one roll is smaller this lets you stack smaller tapers

Reply to
Jimbob

replying to Jimbob, JimI wrote: I saw your August 2016 post concerning the Kingman White Mini-Sine. I also have one, but am missing the single sheet instruction manual. Do you have a copy that you could scan for me, or direct me to someone that does? Thank you for your assistance.

Reply to
JimI