Sine Bar for setting lathe tapers -Atten Nick Mueller

Nick was pretty excited about this recently.
==From: Randy Replogle On Aug 5, 10:22 am
A guy I used to work with had a sine bar that had a base
which was mounted between centers. The actual sine bar was hinged. I think he held the gage blocks and all together with rubber bands. I suppose he used a dead center under pressure to keep everything from moving.
Randy
**Dammit**! That is the super-precision way I have been looking for since long!
Thanks a lot!
Nick =I just recently came across several patents using a sine bar to do this. See:
http://www.google.com/patents?vidF51435
http://www.google.com/patents?vid#98121
http://www.google.com/patents?vid%11443
http://www.google.com/patents?vid389473
The first one looked the most promising if someone was going to try making one. I don't know if these were ever produced by anyone. Maybe someone here will know once they look at them.
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Leon Fisk wrote:

Thanks a **LOT**! Downloaded them all!
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>

======New ones are available.
Some sources in the US are http://hhip.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID 0-5410 http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO'24296&PMT4NO(371076 FWIW msc only sells to companies but Enco [same company] will generall order and ship MSC items.
You will also need a way to very accurately set the bar. Jo blocks are best but expensive. A space block set works well and is much cheaper. see http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKAc0-4050&PMPXNO0511&PARTPG=INLMK3
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
F. George McDuffee wrote: ...

Is this new? I have bought from MSC, they did have a $25 minimum.
Bob
replying to Leon Fisk, Jimbob wrote: What you are talking about is a kingman white 2.5 mini sine . I love mine sadly they ain't made anymore but can be found on eBay don't be shocked when u see the price . The were over 4 bills new . If you get one without literature be sure to add .100 to your stack up . As the one roll is smaller this lets you stack smaller tapers
replying to Jimbob, JimI wrote: I saw your August 2016 post concerning the Kingman White Mini-Sine. I also have one, but am missing the single sheet instruction manual. Do you have a copy that you could scan for me, or direct me to someone that does? Thank you for your assistance.
replying to Jimbob, JimI wrote: I saw your August 2016 post concerning the Kingman White Mini-Sine. I also have one, but am missing the single sheet instruction manual. Do you have a copy that you could scan for me, or direct me to someone that does? Thank you for your assistance.
On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 17:18:03 GMT

Nick left this group a long time ago. Bummer... he was a smart guy. Couldn't handle all the political crap and off topic posts...
You might be able to get a message to him via his youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuellerNick/featured

It looks like he may still be active there.
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI