Small plate clamp needed

Anyone have a very small plate clamp for sale? I thought I might take two

10R vise grips, and weld washers on to the screws, and then use two to hang the sheets while I line them up and get the first screws in them. A plate clamp may stick out too far, tho, depends on the throat of it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I put carabiners (snap hooks) through the back of Kant-Twist clamps to hang metal sheets. Small C clamps work well too, but scratch the galvanizing more.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Would beam clamps work? Electricians use them for hanging light fixtures from bar joists and I-beams. Like very small and heavy-duty c-clamps. My dad used them for a lot of stuff like you want to do. Electrical supply house may have them if a big box doesn't.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer