So how creepy is this?

Yesterday, I looked up, on Google maps, "600 U.S Route 46, Clifton, NJ" which is the address of AGL welding supplies. Google showed me the map, with no mention of the company name. Also on the page was a "sponsored ad" from MSC.

Is there anything the Google god doesn't know?

Reply to
rangerssuck

I don't know what the criteria are for Google showing company names; around here, it seems like only a small fraction of them appear on maps. I wonder if you need to pay for that advertising?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

It appears that way. I've noticed the same thing.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I might have been standing there when you did this... Sorry I didn't wave in case you went to satellite view. :)

BTW, the last hockey game I watched was the world series.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

It could be analyzing the cookies on your machine.

Or looking at other data sent to/from your IP address.

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

AFAIK, this is just MSC who have bid on the words "600 U.S. Route..."

They probably buy Google Ad Words for all kinds of metal working company addresses.

I suspect the costs for these words are pretty low and the click through rates are good.

Although this sort of thing can be disconcerting, there's nothing "magic" about it and I don't think that this is something that Google "knows".

DOC

Something about beer...

doc