socket for square-driven drain plugs?

on the Yank side of the pond, we have plumbing drain plugs which have a male, square grasping surface. The 12-point machine-screw/bolt sockets we americans have around, will not grab onto these square tails.

Does anyone make purpose-built, properly-sized female-square socket drives for rotating these plumbing items when the clearance around them is too small to allow a wrench?

Reply to
alanh_27

yeah, called an 8 point socket

sears

alanh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
yourname

Go to Sears. They have 8 point sockets. Snap on and Mac have them also.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

For just a few, you might try the female socket end of a ratchet extension. Turn the male end with a Crescent.

DanG

heh heh

Reply to
yourname