Some CAD/CAM history

The conduit is both grounded AND a Faraday cage, right? And magnetic fields should cancel, right?

Reply to
Cliff

IIRC There are quite a few third-party add-ons to do exactly that. Many are free IIRC.

Reply to
Cliff

e:

They should be free! they, they just "automate" acad commands? which begs the question: is lisp dead? WTF cares? anyone using it is in the "stone age" unless they are just "playing around" with nothing better to do, not really concerned about being efficiency & profitable. So its ok for "hobby lobby" use for those that don't know how to use a scientific calculator? Ok back to work all you AutoCad slaves! Make that POS work!

I feeeeeeeeeel your pain! (slick willie clinton)

Reply to
cncmillgil

Ought to be fine for arcs & lines . Though I doubt jb could drill any holes.

Probably lots faster. I used to have a calculator. It was faster than COMPACT-II, all things considered .... (in that specific work environment).

Reply to
Cliff

e:

rote:

COMPACT-II ? Thank god I missed that era by just a few years. Hmmmmmm IIRC COMPACT was more geared toward business accounting? like COBAL? FORTRAN was king for 3D, or for us simple people that aint that great in math, BASIC was power. Now its "visual basic" damn! VB - its visual (like I can't see) & its basic? Dont ya just hate it when your computer is missing a visual basic file? sometimes .VBX Keeping the current version was a major pain. 1 2 3? WTF? Its no backward compatibility, which was also major problem with CAD files.Once you've updated your data files to current software version there's no going back. So, always keep a backup in the old version because the new version crashes! Like that never happens.

Reply to
cncmillgil

See the MDSI stuff at

Cliff

ComputerVision had a PUT CADDS command. It would run in CADDS IV (& IV-X ?) and output an executable command text script which could be run in CADDS III to (mostly) create a CADDS III model of the CADDS IV part. With minor edits to the script to bring it to CADDS IV language & add variables & logic you had a nice family-of-parts (or design features) executable script with little effort.

Reply to
Cliff