Aurora makes 6-32 and 10-32. Heim makes 6-32 male ball ends (available from Wicks Aircraft supply)

You COULD silver solder and retap the 10-32 holes to 8-32

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Bob,

Look in hobby shops where radio controlled race cars are sold. They=20 use lots of rod ends for suspension and steering. They may be smaller=20 than you want, but they sell them in packages of six or more.

Pat

Reply to
jwdoylejr

Looks like a large scale model airplane part. Try desert aviation or ay outfit that sells stuff for 25% to 30% RC planes

Reply to
daniel peterman

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at Wicks and Aircraft spruce. AS has a 8-32 rod end but that is not representative of the piece of equipment that I have. I am trying to keep the linkage on this 50+ year old machine as origional. I am doing a restoration. The Manufacturer is long gone. I called a large hobby store. 4-40 and a few 6-32 in Dublo are the only ones that seem to be available thru that route.

Still looking,....

Bob

Reply to
rleonard

What kind of machine are you restoring??

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I am working on some Disston DA-211 Chain saws. These are 2 man saws from the early 50's. They use Mercury Keikafer 2 cylinder 2 cycle engines. They make a unique sound when running. This is part of the throttle linkage. I am thinking that I will just make them if I cannot find something.

Bob

Reply to
rleonard

Can you not simply use clevis ends instead of ball ends? Many of the OLDER saws used clevis linkages. Or just modify the #6 or #10 ends to work?

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca