Odd size sanding belt

I picked up a Chinese belt sander/grinder combi machine recently. The belt has a product # GXK51-B and is described as 50x196mm. I have been able to locate sources for replacement belts, but not for decent prices, and only in 80 grit. I want to use the device. I just do a little finishing work in a small space, and it is perfect for my needs, and I don't mind ordering in quantity. Does anyone know of a source? Or, is there a way to have custom belts made? Robobass

Reply to
lostfrom68jay

John is right- Klingspor will make you anything you want, in a variety of types of abrasive. I have been using them for years for all my machines, and find their stuff to be top quality. And if you can justify a wholesale account, they are very reasonably priced.

For retail sales, I believe they have another website as well-

Ries

Reply to
Mark F

An acquaintance of mine bought a similar product last year and had a similar problem. I looked at the machine and I'd suggest modifying it to use easier-to-find belts. If I remember correctly, it didn't look hard to do---- just extend the far end bearing a bit.

Pete Stanaitis

------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Reply to
lostfrom68jay

If you locate 4" wide belts, split 'em in two. Flip the belt inside-out, and cut from the backing side with a knife that has replaceable blades, or one that won't suffer badly from being resharpened.

WB metalworking projects

Wild Bill

A & H abrasives really good prices and fast they ship the same day if you order before noon. 18008316066 I get all kinds of oddball belts and sleeves and discs and such.

Reply to
Steve knight

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:28:05 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, Steve knight quickly quoth:

Hi, Steve. Long time no harass! Do you have a URL for them? Where are they located?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

URL is:

And they are in Casper, WY....

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

hey your making me work (G) I never order anything basic and the phone works great with them. but they do have a site I would have to hunt up their catalog for the info they have a web page but I can't find it. I know they supply abrasives for one of the online woodworking stores but my brain is dead on what one.

Reply to
Steve knight

thanks for that I could not remember.

Reply to