Source for hydraulic power pack w/4way Solenoid Valve

Looking for a new reasonably price 1hp hydraulic power pack with a 115VAC
115/230VAC single phase motor with a 4 way dual solenoid operated valve.
Solenoid coil voltage must be 115vac.
This operates a small ram on a cold saw. Push the button, ram brings the
saw down to cut through the workpiece, when it reaches the end of its
travel, it hits a limit switch and is sent back up. I would imagine an open
center valve is what I need? So as to divert the fluid under pressure back
into the tank when the machine is running and at rest.
Anyone know where to start looking?
Thanks for the help guys...
Marty
Reply to
Marty Escarcega
I just priced a power pack from these folks...
It was larger and much more complicated than what you're looking for, so the price I was quoted wouldn't be much help. My distributor recommended them partly on quick delivery.
Rexroth was another we looked at...
Is air over oil out of the question? How much pressure do you need?
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Ned Simmons wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.suscom-maine.net:
Thanks for the leads. no air over hydraulic won't work in this application without a lot of rework. Its a standard looking pump and reservoir. Problem is the outlets on the power pack ar odd, not a standard (very old). So we need to change out the whole unit. I think we could put a gauge on it to see how much pressure it develops. Don't think it needs to be much. There is a needle valve so you can regulate the downward speed of the saw, in the circuit.
Marty
Reply to
Marty Escarcega
i had an enerpac but i sold it on ebay it was new and in the box, i sold it with buy it now for $750(luck) i see them go for less.
Reply to
Asp3211968
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Asp3211968) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com:
Thanks, looking for something a bit less. It has to have the 4way solenoid operated valve with open spool at center. Graingers seems to have discontiued a couple of potential candiates.
Marty
Reply to
Marty Escarcega
Leigh at MarMachine has a number of them.
Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell
Reply to
Gunner
you can find generic one hp units with a simple solenoid valve from several different people,
bailey great northern applied industrial mcmaster carr msc
or you can stalk ebay and assemble your own
an air over oil pump with a small accumulator would be the most trouble free , thought he plumbing and valving is slightly more involved ,
and depending on the actual pressure involved you could probably use a strictly air operated system , would vbe the cheapest , even if you had to use a new cylinder
Reply to
williamhenry
Harbor Freight item number 46169-0VGA
1 HP ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC PRESSURE PUMP
* Voltage: 115V/230V, single phase * Amps: 10/5 * Horsepower: 1 * Motor RPM: 3450/2850 * Pump: single stage * Relief pressure: 2100 PSI * Working pressure: 1800 PSI * Reservoir capacity: 1 gallon * Mount type: vertical
$269.99
Gary
Reply to
Gary Coffman
Gary Coffman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
Thanks Gary, it needs to have a 4 way 110VAC Solenoid Valve on it as there are microswitches on the cold saw, one for down stroke and one for upstroke. The saw might get used fairly often so I'm doubtful the HF unit would last very long. He wants a namebrand pump/valve so he can service it in the future. The one he has now has an odd proprietary manifold configuration so he can't bolt a new valve right to it. And he'd rather not plumb a valve with hoses though this is certainly an option.
Marty
Marty
Reply to
Marty Escarcega