Stainless steel L bolts

I need to make up some SS L bolts to go on a friend's boat trailer. I am wondering how easy it will to be to either bend allthread in a sharp 90 or thread the blind end on ss anchor bolts with a die nut. Talking about 1/2" rod. Any suggestions?

Gerry wrote:

I'd be concerned about cracks in the bend - unless you do it red hot . Even then , I'd be looking for allthread with rolled rather than cut threads .
--
Snag

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 12:15:57 PM UTC-5, Gerry wrote:

wondering how easy it will to be to either bend allthread in a sharp 90 or thread the blind end on ss anchor bolts with a die nut. Talking about 1/2" rod. Any suggestions?
It's an old boat with an old boat trailer. It used these L bolts to hold th e "bunks" None of the local dealers have anything like the parts needed bec ause of the age and we'd rather not have to start modifying the trailer to make new design parts work. I've never bent 1/2" SS rod before. CR would be easier but in a few years I'd be back to square one because of rust. Boat/ trailer sees salt water use, hence the desire for SS. Thanks for the sugges tions!
"Gerry" <

On Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 12:15:57 PM UTC-5, Gerry wrote:

It's an old boat with an old boat trailer. It used these L bolts to hold the "bunks" None of the local dealers have anything like the parts needed because of the age and we'd rather not have to start modifying the trailer to make new design parts work. I've never bent 1/2" SS rod before. CR would be easier but in a few years I'd be back to square one because of rust. Boat/trailer sees salt water use, hence the desire for SS. Thanks for the suggestions!
________
I you are going to heat and bend it using a torch remember to heat the _inside_ of the bend, not the outside curve. Heating the outside will crack it _for sure_ .. BTDT
http://catalog.fmstainless.com/viewitems/structure-attachments-stainless-steel-anchor-bolts/re-attachments-bolts-stainless-steel-l-anchor-bolt
Bob La Londe