Chevy van Vaacum line replacements?

anyone know where I can get a good set of vacuum line connectors for a early 80s Chevy C10/C20, with a 350 engine in it? Engine has

60,000 actual miles on it..was new from GM when we did the conversion back in the early 90s.

The vacuum line connectors to the various bits on the manifold and carby are going bad..simply rotting away and Ill need to replace them all before putting the old girl back on the road. Its a early 80s phone company van converted to a camper..well..it was at one time. We lifted the body (C10) and slid a 3/4 ton frame/drive line/power plant under it...stuck in a new motor and a few years ago..put in a Turbo 400 engine. Its not been on the road in at least 8 yrs or more.

Any suggestions?

One further thing..the starter was replaced by the last driver..and it only engaged half the flywheel..the bendix gear only traveled about half the distance it was supposed to move..only about halfway across the flywheel gear. I tore up the teeth on the starter a couple months ago trying to get the old bitch started..so I need to replace the starter..they are cheap enough..but I need to get the "right one"

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Chebby Parts Dept guys will likely laugh in your face. "Nah, we

-never- had those."

"Egad!" said the Ford man, now Toyota.

1) it's a Chebby, 2) it's in that stripped shape, 3) you want to smog it in _California_

and you _still_ want to work on it? Eek! Good luck. Yer a braver man than I, Gunga Din.

Chebbies are notorious for this and many models took shims for decades. See if this is one of those (interference fit sounds like it) and grab some.

Make sure you know the engine year/model/cid and tranny. They'll tell you which starter you need. Then source one _anywhere_ else for 1/4 of their price. ;) Hopefully, you can get by without another flex plate/ring gear, but they're a lot cheaper than flywheels.

Do you use your forklift as a hoist for this kind of work, standing?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Maybe in a pet store aquarium department. I've used their air fittings often.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

As good as the original crap did, perhaps??

Reply to
clare

You can buy packs of the correct fittings and line at Advance/Oreilly/PEPBoys and any of the better parts places like NAPA or Parts Plus stores.

Reply to
Steve W.