STEELCASE DESK - SANDBLAST AND CLEARCOAT?

Hello,

Thanks for checking out this post. I'm looking for a guide to stripping down a heavy old steelcase desk and then replacing the top and then having it clearcoated.

I've seen the process done all over the place so it shouldnt be that tough. I want to avoid grinding and using chemical strippers.

Reply to
fightsonfilm

It would refinish just like a car.

Choices: Best? Commercial sand blast / prime / powder paint

Better? Commercial sand blast / automotive paint shop prime and paint

Might be good? Light sanding, feather out any scratches, bondo any dents, spray can or spray gun prime, glazing putty, sanding, top coat with spray cans or gun. This method will be subject to the operator.

Often, the problem will be found between the switch and the floor!!!

#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

Reply to
Dan G

Reply to
Brian Lawson