Stolen mill coming to conclusion

Hello everyone,

May 31st I posted about my 8 hour old milling machine being stolen from my property. Never saw hyde nor hair of it again. My credit card company covered the loss thankfully, but they are saying I need to purchase another one using my credt card and they will take the charge off then. Not sure why they are doing it like this, seems rather complicated. Anyway I have long since decided I was going to try my hand at a few auctions to get a larger mill then originally purchased. Also the mil I got originally cost 1000 marked down to 400. So I have a 400 credit on my credit card to get the replacement.

So even though I'm planning on getting a much larger american machine I need to find some machine that I can put on my credit card so I just don't lose the 400.

I was considering getting a 3n1 from HF and giving it to my dad. Not sure how much he would use it, but he occasionally needs something done. Any of you come across a milling machine somewhere close to the 500 range (can be more if it is something I actually would want) that I can put on my credit card, like a store like grizzly or HF.

I know you guys are as into spotting the deals as much as I am so figure this is my best shot for some unseen treasure :)

Thanks, Oliver

Reply to
V8TR4

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:34:04 GMT, "V8TR4" to find some machine that I can put on my credit card so I just don't lose

If you can put it on Paypay via your credit card or a Western Union MO etc etc, Id be happy to sell you a nice Vernon Horizontal Mill for the $400 and toss in some tooling and whatnot. More than enough to get you going. And of course give you a reciept etc.

Gunner

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Reply to
Gunner

V8TR4 wrote: (clip) My credit card company covered the loss thankfully, but they are saying I need to purchase another one using my credt card and they will take the charge off then. Not sure why they are doing it like this, seems rather complicated(clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^ This may be their way of reducing the odds that you are scamming them. So, I would be careful about spending the money on something else, and then expecting them to cancel the charge. Otherwise, you could just spread the credit out over the next $500 of credit card charges, or spend the money on an airline ticket, or something. You can see how this might look from their end, can't you?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

That is exactly what I was thinking as well, they were very specific about a replacemnt. Have to send them a receipt for the unit as well as my statement on bill. Like I said, I'm thankful to even get the credit.

Reply to
V8TR4

"V8TR4" _v8tr4_@don't_bother_me_with_spam.com

You might want to review the "terms and conditions" of your credit card. [disclaimer: not expressing a legal opinion]. If your card service agrees that you have a loss they have to cover, then that should be based on the determination of loss, not also on your having to now purchase a replacement "milling machine."

If only you had a convenient (to you) method of communication, you should be able to work that out. FM

Reply to
Fdmorrison