Stolen Truck Recovered!!!!!!!!

Very nicely handled.

Like you, I feel cops have a tough job to do, but they can certainly be a PITA on occasion. I can't help but think that there are times when they more or less beat up on the people that don't fight back. Maybe not. Dunno. I watched with total disgust (on TV) as they stood by and watched a guy get beat to death in Seattle about three years ago, a guy that had gone to the defense of a young gal. Mean time, to make a showing, so they'd look like they were doing something, a cop taps on the window of two gals in a car, then hits them with pepper spray when they rolled the window down. Gotta stop those female terrorists, ya know. Leadership in Seattle law enforcement at that time seemed to be seriously lacking.

At any rate, loved the story, and I can see that with just a little care, the $50 fine can come out of their fund raising. What sweet justice! :-) Talk about shooting one's self in the foot!

We got burglarized last April, and they really hit us hard. We left town to attend to a deceased friends estate and forgot to put the jewelry in the safe. First time ever, as luck would have it. Lost everything but wedding rings that we had with us, and some platinum jewelry that had been put in the safe long ago. They also took a gun and other items, but left in a hurry because the alarm was powered up, although it hadn't been put in service at the time, unlike now. Investigating cop told us that if we wanted to get any of the stuff back, it was up to us to hit the pawn shops, and that we'd not hear from him again. He's been true to his word. I realize they're busy, but they tend to investigate by having things drop in their lap. No breaks, no resolution. Sigh.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

How 'bout the bank robber that locks his keys inside the getaway car? or the bank robber that give the teller the holdup note written on the back of an envelope addressed to him? or the burgler that robs the house in the wintertime, and the cops follow his footprints in the snow right to his house? :-) Ya gotta admit - there *are* a few dumb ones..... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

my wife's a middle school teacher, and a few years back got pulled over by a cop who was an ex-student. came home in tears, crying about how old she felt.

makes you wonder what grade she gave him all those years ago, although she did get off with just a warning.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

My mom's gotten off with more than one warning from the local police in her town. She's a nurse, and was sometimes in a hurry to get on shift or to get home after work.

I think the cops knew there was a non-zero chance they might wind up in the ER some night, with her in charge.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

"Ex-student". This is nothing. Try teaching the child of an ex-student. swmbo has been there a number of times and is getting close to seeing the grandchildren in class.

Reply to
Terry Collins

yeah, she's gotten a few kids of ex-students, along with ex-students being teachers in the same school. comes from teaching 30 years in the same place. given that she's been seeing her 13 year old students have kids for quite a few years, it's not out of the realm that she get grandkids too.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

:...or my cousin who went for rides in a car his mate stole - then left his wallet in the glove box

David

Ken Sterling wrote

Reply to
quietguy