Suggestions on Metal Shrinking Sites?

I took several body panels I got for my poor, hammered little Roadster to the sandblaster, and the idiot warped the trunk lid by getting it too hot. It looks like it can be shrunk back, but I need direction. Or, some old geezer sheet metal guy.... JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

wws

JR,

a couple of good metalworking(sheet metal) groups on yahoo metalshapers and metalshaping also

lots of info, if your going to do it yourself its going to take some experience

Good luck

tt

Reply to
Terry Thorne

Hi JR,

Sounds like you might benefit from a shrinking disc. You will need to bump up the low spots, and hammer and dolly everything to get it back in shape first, then shrink. Here is a link to a few albums I've put together...some about shrinking discs. After opening an album, you must click on the individual thumbnails for information.

Here is an article I wrote that you might find helpful:

By the way, I was going to use the Hal quote on a badge mounted on the dash of my future gullwing door Ghia project.

John

John Kelly