Surface grinder dust collection strategies

I uploaded two pictures of the dust collector to the dropbox

They are listed as Boyer Schultz Dust filter 1.jpg

and Boyer Schultz Dust filter 2.jpg

As of 7:30 this morning, they're not there yet, but they should be by this evening when most of you guys will be reading. Getting the filter out so I can get to the motor is the main task at the moment.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Which of course, following the rules of the dropbox, have been renamed to Boyer_Schultz_Dust_filter_1.jpg and Boyer_Schultz_Dust_filter_2.jpg because embedded spaces in filenames are problematical on some systems.

The images could have benefited from being reduced in size somewhat. The amount of detail is way over what is needed, and I had to shrink my image size to 30% to get it all to fit on the screen.

Is it possible to move the bracket with the thumbscrews on the left towards the left? The one on the right looks as though it is part of the sidewall in the photos, so it probably won't move.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It has been a number of years since I was into the dust collector, but the hardware screen looks familiar.

I had to take them out one at a time. They go back in one at a time also. And I do remember it was a tight fit and a pain to R&R. John

Reply to
John Normile

You're right. Sorry about that. I wasnt' thinking when I uploaded them before work the other morning.

Unfortunately not. The bracket is welded in place.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Did yours have a sheet of hardware cloth (1/2" coarse screen) between each of the pleats of the cloth filter? I'm suspicious that those are an add-on by some previous owner since the ends of the wires protrude a little and would seem as though they'd poke holes at the bottom of the pleats over time.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

I believe my machine had the wire screens.

Reply to
John Normile

replying to Ned Simmons, Chuck wrote: I have used vac u guards for many years, unfortunately hard to come by

Reply to
Chuck

If your vac is strong enough, it will suck up cutoffs and the grindings. Mine do.

Mart> reply> I have used vac u guards for many years, unfortunately hard to come by >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn