switch to grease?

We are running a boye' & Emmes 18 inch engine lathe. Currently we are lubricating the main shaft with drip feed oil resevoirs even at a slow rate and with 680 iso semi synthetic oil it leaks out of the bearings dripping oil all over the machine and the surrounding floor. We are wondering if we should switch to automatic grease feed cups with some sort of synthetic grease so as to stem off the lubricating leaks. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Vittorio