Taig or Sherline?

Any comments on the relative merits of the Taig vs the Sherline mini mills?

If you go with the CNC options can the tools still be used manually?

Reply to
pbreed

join the taig and sherline yahoo groups and ask the poepel who use them.

Personally I've found MOST people recoomend the taig due to it's slightly larger envelope, and more robust/rigid setup.

Reply to
Des Bromilow

don't take this the wrong way, but why would you want to?

I've seen this question before, prolly from someone who has experience with non-CNC tools.

most software packages allow keyboard control so you can do thinks like:

stop all movement with one key

enter a value for movement

and if all else fails, a "jog" mode, to move any axis by .001

in a way, you are sorta using it 'manually' thru the keyboard.

IMHO once you are familiar with that aproach - you will never want to crank a handle again

HTH Dale

Reply to
dalecue